As Interim Police Chief for the City of Desert Hot Springs
Desert Hot Springs, California – City Manager Martín Magaña, along with unanimous support from the City Council announced today that he has hired Charles “Chuck” Maynard as the Desert Hot Springs Interim Police Chief. He will start Monday, August 11, 2014 and his contract will be for a six month period.
Interim Police Chief Charles Maynard comes to the city with over 33 years of Law Enforcement experience and is the former (Retired) Chief of Police for the Town of San Anselmo in Marin County.
He possesses a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business and Management from the University of Redlands, and a Master of Public Administration from the University of San Francisco. Chief Maynard is a Graduate of the California Peace Officers Standards and Training, Command College, and the prestigious Los Angeles Police Department’s West Point Leadership Graduate Program. He has served as the Area Representative for the California Police Chiefs Association and as President of the Marin County Police Chiefs’ Association.
Chief Maynard also served as the Assistant Town Manager for the Town of San Anselmo. His years of service include:
• Reserve Police Officer, City of Fountain Valley 1979-1981
• Police Officer, City of Stanton 1981-1983
• Police Officer, City of Orange 1983-1984
• Police Officer, City of Cathedral City 1984-1988
• Sergeant, City of Cathedral City 1988-1995
• Lieutenant, City of Cathedral City 1995-1996
• Captain, City of Yuba City 1996-2000
• Chief of Police, Town of San Anselmo 2000-2012
Chief Maynard resides in La Quinta, California, with his wife of 33 years, Janice.
Mayor Adam Sanchez said, “Chief Maynard brings the wealth, knowledge and the type of expertise we need to lead the Police Department, especially during this fiscal crisis we are currently in.”